Skupina počítačové grafiky, Univerzita Karlova
Skupina počítačové grafiky Univerzity Karlovy je součástí
Kabinetu software a výuky informatiky
na Matematicko-fyzikální fakultě.
Společně s Oddělením zpracování obrazové informace, ÚTIA AV ČR,
naše skupina nabízí řadu přednášek z počítačové grafiky a zpracování obrazu.
V našem výzkumu se zaměřujeme převážně na realistickou a prediktivní syntézu obrazu a na zpracování a vizualizaci medicínských dat.
Novinky (pouze anglicky)
- Our new study on assessing realism of procedural models has been accepted to Eurographics. Be sure to check it out.
- We are offering a Junior Researcher position within the EU project DISTRO. See more.
- CGG has got a Facebook page. Like us, follow us, contribute.
- Our new "ADRRS" SIGGRAPH paper is now online.
We bring some interesting new ideas on how Russian roulette and splitting can be used as global path space importance sampling techniques.
Be sure to check it out.
- Four new Ph.D. students are joining our group in 2015:
Oskar Elek, and
- An interview (in Czech) with Jaroslav Křivánek the Computer Graphics Group and about his research has just been published.
- Image from our UPBP paper has won in the CGF 2015 Cover Contest!
- Alexander Wilkie is now a member of the editorial board of The Journal of Graphics Tools and Cultura e Scienza del Colore - Color Culture and Science
- HiVisComp 2015 took place on 3.-6.2.2015 in High Tatra mountains (Tatranská Lomnica) with a strong participation from the Charles University group. It was a great event! :)
- Jaroslav Křivánek has been selected for the New Europe 100 list, “a list of outstanding challengers who are leading world-class innovation from Central and Eastern Europe.”
- We've released the source code for our Stubble project, a plugin for Autodesk Maya providing user-friendly virtual hairstyling.
- Materials for our SIGGRAPH presentations updated (added annotated slides and source code). Check out the publications section.
- Source code for our SIGGRAPH paper On-line Learning of Parametric Mixture Models for Light Transport Simulation is now online.
- Our new EGSR paper added to the publication list.
- A number of papers and presentations coming up in 2014 added to the publication list. Check them out!
- Our new SIGGRAPH Asia paper added to the publication list.
- Two new papers added to the publication list: #1, #2
- Most of the slides for the Light Transport course are now online.
- Jaroslav in on the editorial board of Computer Science Review, which is expanding its scope to visual computing. Submit your review/survey today!
- Our course on light transport simulation will be presented at SIGGRAPH.
- Jaroslav Křivánek received funding from the Czech Science Foundation (GAČR) for project Robust and Efficient Light Transport Simulation in Arbitrary Environments.
- A new survey paper on many-light rendering
added to the list of publications.
- Two new papers (SIGGRAPH Asia, IEEE CG&A) added to the list of publications.
- Martin Šik has joined the group as a Ph.D. student. Welcome!
- Our SIGGRAPH 2012 course on many-light rendering (a.k.a. VPL rendering) added to the list of publications.
- Our SIGGRAPH 2012 paper added to the list of publications.
- Our student Marek Fišer is putting finishing touches to his on-line L-system lab Malsys. Check it out!
- Not that this would be our group's news but still: Diego Gutierrez and Wojciech Jarosz will be the guest editors for an IEEE CG&A Special issue on "Scattering: Acquisition, Modeling, and Rendering". Submission deadline is August 25th, 2012. For details see the call for papers.
- Our SIGGRAPH Asia 2011 Sketch added to the list of publications.
- Paper accepted to EUROGRAPHICS 2012: Importance Caching for Complex Illumination (by Iliyan Georgiev, Jaroslav Křivánek, Stefan Popov, and Philipp Slusallek)
- Václav Gassenbauer (co-supervised by Jaroslav Křivánek and prof. Kadi Bouatouch) successfully defended his thesis.
- Jiřĺ Vorba was awarded the 2nd place in the ACM Student Project of The Year competition for his diploma thesis "Optimal Strategy for Connecting Light Paths in Bidirectional Metohds for Global illumination Computation"
- Our paper Improving Performance and Accuracy of Local PCA was presented at Pacific Graphics 2011.
- EGSR pictures are now on-line.
If you have interesting EGSR pics that you would like to publish, please send us an e-mail with the link.
- EGSR 2011 is over. Big thanks to everyone for making to Prague, it was a real pleasure to have you here.
- Eurographics Symposium on Rendering (EGSR 2011) is organized by Charles University. >>
- Three new students, Ondřej Karlĺk of CTU Prague, Jirka Vorba and Jan Beneš of CUNI Prague, decided to join our group as Ph.D. students starting next semester. Welcome!
- We have a paper accepted to EGSR 2011. (A Physically Plausible Model for Light Emission from Glowing Solid Objects by Alexander Wilkie and Andrea Weidlich.)